Sunday, September 9, 2007

on eBay...

Ok, I just started exploring ebay. It is so addicting! I am trying to find some inexpensive Bitty Baby stuff for Maggie for Christmas. I have purchased a couple of items and have missed out on several other items.

Is a bargin really a bargin? Not always. I did discover that some ebay listers are not the most frugal with shipping charges. I am trying to buy Maggie a Bitty Baby crib. I have located a few and I am watching them. The truth is that some bargins could end up being more expensive than just buying it new from American Girl.

So, I continue to watch and bid with caution.

1 comment:

Heather Howell said...

Ebay----Hey Amy! As one who has bought MANY items (and sold some too!) I wanted to let you know something if you weren't aware. Sellers have been doing something a little sleazy I've noticed in the past year or so. They have the price of the item pretty low, but then they have astronomical shipping charges..... the reason? Ebay charges the seller a fee when an item sells..... it's a certain percentage of the SELLING PRICE. They DON'T charge a fee on the shipping costs. Anyway, good luck on your shopping!! (PS---just buy her a regular doll bed, she will never know.... plus it will probably get trashed. Trust me, there will be plenty of time to spend big $$$ when they are older and are demanding designer clothes and whatnot!!)

Talk to you later!
Heather