Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Few Words from Matt (7/10/05)

Just to be sure this is an unbiased blog so I decided to post a few comments.
#1. The number of stars to rank hotels varies greatly from country to country and city to city. The Regal at the airport, very nice. The Marco Polo is supposed to be 4 star, I'd say closer to an old (unupdated) Holiday Inn. Although at least this hotel has hot water, not sure what was up with that.

#2. Speaking of stars, I would give Hong Kong a 2 1/2 out of 5 stars for places I'd return to. It blends the smell of New Orleans and the noise and people of New York. I prefer quiet cornfields, but this his how we grow....or go completely insane.

#3 It looks like I will be able to survive on power bars and crackers, at least I did for 3 days.

#4 In a monster mall with over 200 stores, why can't I find a sweatshirt? I am going to move to China and open, Matt's Monster House of Sweatshirts, and make a fortune.

#5 Jet lag sucks!

In summary, I am not a good "tourist", and I'm ready to go get Maggie.

Matt

No comments: