Thursday, July 10, 2008

We are in Changsha! (7/10/05)

Good Morning to you all!

What a day! We woke up early at 4 am. Called home and then ventured out for a bite to eat! Have I said that it is monsoon season. Well, it was quite interesting walking around and seeing where we needed to get back to and not know how to get there. Obviously, we made it back to the hotel. We hung out at the hotel because both of us are feeling a little out of sorts.

About 12 we decided to go back to the airport and then it was sunny and beautiful! We could see the island. I keep having the Bali Hi song from South Pacific running through my head. We got to the airport really early and man I started to hit the wall. I was dizzy and nausated! I laid down on the chairs and slept for an 1 1/2 and felt great after that! Jet lag kicked my rear and won!

We then met our travel mates and Ginny, Echo and Mandy! Echo is the mother hen! It is great to have them I feel so much more at ease with them leading us through the process.

We arrived at Changsha at 9:00pm this evening. The 75% of the plane were families adopting! It was wonderful. You could feel the energy! I sat by a very nice woman from HK who was meeting a friend from Belgium who was adopting a little girl as well.

Susie Smith: I met a woman named Janet who is traveling with a friend from our group who is adopting. Janet used to work with you in Davenport. Her grandpa was our grandma's cousin! She was at your wedding. She looked too familar when we met. Also, we are traveling with a couple from Mahomet who are adopting and Ellen use to work with Eric! Small world!

Fill you in on more tomorrow! We get the babies at 10:30 am!!!!! Maggie here we come!!!!!

Can you believe that I am not tired! We will post pics as soon as we can!

Amy

No comments: